Having a hand-held needle threader as a back up is a great idea. Use it on sewing machines without a built-in needle threader, a serger or when your on-board needle threader acts up. Once you have become dependent on a needle threader it is hard to go back to threading the needle the old fashion way.
Is there a needle threader for sewing machines?
The hook on the threader can then be used to pull the thread completely through (5). It works best with machine needles size 70/11 and larger. … There is a tiny hole for holding the sewing machine needle while you easily insert it into the machine. This feature is extra popular with people owning a serger/overlocker!
How do you use the automatic needle threader on a Brother sewing machine?
How to use the automatic needle threader
- Thread the machine up to the needle. …
- Raise the needle to its highest position.
- Lower the presser foot lever.
- While lowering the needle threader lever, hook the thread onto the guide.
- Fully lower the needle threader lever. …
- Catch the thread on the hook as shown below.
Which is the best needle threader?
1. Generic needle threader
- Clover needle threader. sturdy, great for tapestry needles. …
- LoRan needle threader. very sturdy, again great for tapestry needles. …
- Dritz looped needle threader. used for threading sergers and sewing machines, but can also be used for sewing needles.